Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Almost ready to move the furniture back into the living room after having the paneling, bookshelves and window frames painted


Washed all the windows, inside and out, plus the screens, washed down the ancient bricks, the hearth and the old screen that I--in an earlier year--sprayed with gold paint.

The book shelves are empty, but each day, I go through a box and decide which ones to keep; which ones to give away. The first day, I culled 8. Took the sack outside to write a poem about the effort, and ended up keeping half of them: 2 for my journalist son, and two for future gifts.

Today, I gave up  2 and kept 11. Perhaps by Saturday, either they'll all be back, dusted and loved, or in large sacks, also dusted and given away, for the library.

Billy helped get the push pins and silver star stick-ons down from above the window.

This also shows the unpainted, built-in shelves and the paneling from the 1970s. Jeff did a thorough job of Kilzing, priming and painting. The white color has a pink tinge to enhance the pinks and maroons of the sofas and mantel decorations. The name of the paint is Cultured Pearls.

The light-switch plate (paneling colored) must be replaced ASAP.

What's done is done and I'm poorer on the financial side right now, but richer for the enjoyment, enhancement, pride in a job done well by B.B., Inc. (ceiling) and Jeff (painting). Thank goodness for good workmen and women.

c 2018, PL dba lovepat press, Benton AR USA

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Definitel hooray for good workers.
I find giving books away difficult. Very, very difficult.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the way I cull books, too. I can give them away to a good home sometimes but it's emotional. :)