Sunday, March 12, 2017

Might these photos send you to the local plant nursery?

A little too early for these beauties in central Arkansas


Wild violets are blooming here and there; a lot more to come.


Kerria (Yellow Rose of Texas, I called them) in full bloom in the back yard.



Lynn Hoggard's lilac. My lilac in the dooryard died, replaced by a Knockout rose.


African violets resulting from ONE gift plant do well in Lydia Cheatham's west window.

These flowers bloomed much earlier this winter and are only to be found inside in vases.


Pansies blooming in the Garland County Library's east bed a couple years ago. Mine are still in the pots I brought home

Spirea really showed out this season, though it has now turned into foliage.

This year's japonica, or flowering quince, seemed much pinker and more lush than before.

Thrift is in its season right now. My wall is nearly covered.

Back before I took all Mom's curtains down after her death in 2006. These flowers have bloomed at Couchwood for countless years. Hopefully, they will continue to do so.

PL - March 12 2017

(This post is a tribute to Elephant's Child, who posts photos "languishing in my files." She lives in Canberra, Australia.)














2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you.
Love these. Plants and books are my shopping weaknesses. I find it very, very hard to resist either.
And recently ordered over 500 daffodils to plant for Spring. Unbeknownst to me, my partner ordered about the same number of tulips. Busy times ahead.

Dorothy Johnson said...

I hope they continue to bloom for years, too. Beautiful flowers.