Monday, May 4, 2015

Owning cats means arranging for their care while I'm away

 Annamarie Parker, my volunteer cat/plant/yard "girl" while I'm away
 
Spring is not a good time to be away from home for two weeks at a time.
 
Grasses grow, flowers bloom, indoor and porch plants dry out, litter boxes fill up, cat food and water disappear.
 
Lights need changing every night or two. Doors to the bedroom area need "locking" against paws that want to investigate and knead--as they did before new carpet was laid.

This acre of yard needs mowing fairly often, especially when it rains often.
 
Grandson Billy's mother--my daughter--lives five miles away and insists that she will tend to these matters for me. For that I am grateful.
 
And so are Greye and Bibbs. They should be: while I'm gone, they get the best seat in the house.
 
 


No comments: