Monday, July 18, 2011

SIT long, TALK much, LAUGH often ...

... so says a favorite coffee mug. We four sisters certainly did all three during our week in north central Arkansas. We also traveled the highways looking for flea markets and antique shops.
The final sentence in last week's entry told about two sisters buying magnetized bracelets that inadventently picked up dinner forks.
How about a mystery entitled, "The Case of the Missing Dinner Forks"? I can just imagine a lady villain with a magnetized bracelet picking up several expensive objects unnoticed and stowing them in various pockets of her clothing/handbag.
Oh, but expensive things generally have a beeper attached so that the perp would set off alarms when she exited.
Did you read about the Brazilian boy who "seems to possess magnetlike qualities?" He demonstrated on a TV network how "forks, knives, scissors, cooking pans, cameras and other metal objects seem drawn to his body and remain stuck on his chest, stomach and back." Sounds like a possible story to me.
Speaking of walking off with things without paying, I did just that our first foray into flea-marketing. Oh, I eventually paid, never fear. On the highway north of Hardy were three different places that Barb had spotted on her way down.
Usually, there is one checker for all booths, but in this one, each booth had its own, as I soon discovered AFTER I'd walked away from the first booth. I clutched a glass flower frog ($3.95--a steal as they are usually ten dollars) and a dollar pair of brightly-painted wooden fish earrings for Barb's friend Glenda, who has a "fish" room. I continued down the row of vendors' stalls.
Before leaving the premises, I moseyed back to the first booth. The man minding this particular "store" sat in the shade of his RV. The items I had picked up were on the opposite end, so neither of us saw the other. When I returned, he laughed at my confession in a laid-back, no-problem manner and took my fiver with affability.
After we returned to the condo and cooled off, we decided to go swimming in the nearby pool. TO BE CONTINUED

c July 2011 Pat Laster dba lovepat press
Look for my novel, A Journey of Choice at Amazon or Barnes & Noble

No comments: